The company is registered at the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
You have the following rights:
1. Request confirmation of whether and to what extent your personal data is being used and processed, access to the personal data held about you and additional information.
2. Request a copy of the personal data you have voluntarily provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
3. Request a rectification of the personal data we hold about you
4. Request the deletion of your personal data
5. Object to the processing of your personal data by us
6. Request the restriction of the processing of your personal data by us
7. File a complaint with a supervisory authority
However, please note that these rights are not unlimited and are subject to our own legitimate interests as well as regulatory requirements.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights listed here or would like further information, please contact our Data Protection Officer at info(at)bluebuilding.uk.
Storage of data
We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to provide our services, comply with legal obligations and resolve disputes and enforce our policies. Retention periods will depend on the type of data collected and the purpose for which it was collected, taking into account both case-specific circumstances and the need to delete outdated, unused information as soon as possible. We retain records containing client personal data, account set-up documents, communications and other data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may correct, complete or remove incomplete or inaccurate data at any time and in our sole discretion.
Basis for data collection
The processing of your personal data (i.e. any data that can reasonably be used to identify you; "personal data") is necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations to you and to enable us to provide you with our services, protect our legitimate interest and comply with legal and financial regulatory obligations to which we are subject.
What data is collected?
We collect two types of data and information from users.
The first category includes non-identifying and non-identifiable user data provided or collected through the use of the Website ("Non-Personal Data"). We do not know the identity of the user from whom Non-Personal Information has been collected. Non-Personal Information that may be collected includes aggregate usage data and technical data transmitted from your device, including certain information regarding software and hardware (e.g., browser and operating system used on the device, language setting, access time, etc.). We use this data to improve the functionality of our website. We may also collect information about your activity on the website (e.g. pages viewed, browsing behaviour, clicks, actions, etc.).
The second category includes personal date, that is, data that identifies or can identify an individual through reasonable measures. Such data include:
· Device data: We collect personal data from your device. Such data includes geolocation data, IP address, unique identifiers (e.g. MAC address and UUID) and other data resulting from your activity on the website.
· IP address of the requesting end device/internet connection,
· Date and time of access,
· Name and URL of the file accessed,
· Amount of data sent in bytes,
· Website from which the access was made (referrer URL),
· Browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The data is processed for the following purposes:
· Ensuring a smooth connection set-up of the website,
· Ensuring a comfortable use of our website,
· Evaluating system security and stability, and
· For other administrative purposes.
· Our legitimate interest is based on the data collection purposes as listed above. In no case do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
We would like to point out that data transmission on the Internet (e.g. when communicating by e-mail) can have security gaps. If you communicate with us by e-mail without additional protection of confidentiality, we assume that you are aware of this technical circumstance and allow us to also reply to you by simple e-mail.
If you contact us by e-mail, we will use the data you provide to process your enquiry. The data processing for the purpose of contacting us is based on your voluntarily given consent.
How do we obtain data about you?
We obtain your personal data from various sources:
· You provide such data to us voluntarily, for example when you register on our website.
· We receive such data when you use our website or access it in connection with one of our services.
· We obtain such data from other providers, services and public registers (for example, data traffic analysis providers).
How is the data used? To whom is the data passed on?
We use data for the following purposes:
· To communicate with you (to send you notices about our services, to provide you with technical information, and to respond to your customer service requests, if any).
· To inform you about new updates and services
· To display advertisements when you use our website (see "Advertising" for more information)
· To market our websites and products (further information under "Marketing")
· For statistical and analytical purposes to improve the website
In addition to the various uses listed above, we may also share personal information with our subsidiaries, affiliates and subcontractors.
· Hosting and operating our website
· Providing our services, including the personalised display of our website.
· Storing and processing such data on our behalf
· Serving ads and allowing us to evaluate the success of our advertising campaigns, retargeting users
· Provide marketing offers and promotional materials in connection with our website and services
· Conduct studies, technical diagnosis or analysis.
We may also disclose information when we believe in good faith that it is helpful or appropriate to:
(I) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
(II) enforce our policies (including our Agreement) and investigate possible violations thereof, if any;
(III) investigate, detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other misconduct, suspected fraud or security issues;
(IV) assert or enforce our own legal claims or defend against the claims of others.
(V) protect the rights, property or safety of ourselves, our users, you or others; or
(VI) cooperate with law enforcement authorities and/or protect intellectual property or other legal rights.
This website uses the following types of cookies:
a. “Session cookies”, which provide for normal system usage. Session cookies are only stored for a limited time during a session and are deleted from your device when you close your browser.
b. “Persistent cookies” which are only read by the website and are not deleted when you close your browser window, but are stored on your computer for a set period of time. This type of cookie allows us to identify you on your next visit and to save your settings, for example.
c. “Third-party cookies”, which are set by other online services that are represented with their own content on the page you visit. These can be, for example, external web analytics companies that record and analyse access to our website.
Cookies do not contain any personal data that identifies you, but the personal data we store may be linked by us to the data contained in the cookies. You can remove cookies via the device settings on your device. Follow the appropriate instructions to do so. Please note that disabling cookies may result in the restriction of certain functions when using our website.
The tool we use is based on technology from Snowplow Analytics. The data we collect about the use of our website includes, for example, how often users visit the website or which areas are accessed. The tool we use does not collect any personal data and is used by our web hosting provider and service provider solely to improve their own offering.
Use of script libraries (Google Web Fonts)
To ensure that our content is displayed correctly and graphically appealing in every browser, we use script and font libraries such as Google Web Fonts (https://www.google.com/webfonts) for this website. Google Web Fonts are transferred to your browser's cache so that they only need to be loaded once. If your browser does not support Google Web Fonts or denies access, the content is displayed in a standard font.
When script or font libraries are called up, a connection to the operator of the library is automatically established. Theoretically, it is possible for this operator to collect data. At present, it is not known whether and for what purpose the operators of the corresponding libraries actually collect data.
You can find the data protection provisions of the operator of the Google library here: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy.
Collection of data by third parties
How do we protect your data?
When you access our website, we may serve ads using ad technology from third party vendors. This technology uses your usage data from the Services to serve ads (for example, by placing third-party cookies on your web browser).
You may opt out of many third-party ad networks, including networks operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") and the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA"). For information about the practices of NAI and DAA members, the options you have regarding their use of such data, and how to opt out of third party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites:
We may use your personal information such as your name, email address, phone number, etc. ourselves or share it with a third party subcontractor to provide you with promotional materials regarding our services that may be of interest to you.
We respect your right to privacy. Therefore, these marketing materials will always provide you with the opportunity to unsubscribe from further mailings. If you unsubscribe, your email address or phone number will be removed from our marketing distribution lists.
Note that even if you unsubscribe from receiving our marketing emails, we will continue to send you emails with important information that does not include an unsubscribe option. This includes maintenance messages or administrative notifications.
The protection of children's data is very important, especially in the online area. The use of our services by minors is only permitted with the prior consent or authorisation of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without their consent, he or she may contact us at info(at)bluebuilding.uk.
How to reach us
Contact us at info(at)blue-building.org with general questions about the website, the information we collect about you, or how we use that information.
Blue Building Environmental Organisation Ltd.
23 Windsor Gardens
Auchterarder PH3 1QE
Last modified on 5 October 2022